Courses for exchange students
- History and Ethnology
- Intercultural Communication Minor
- Languages (for students majoring in languages)
- Deutsche Sprache und Kultur (instruction in German)
- Philologie romane (instruction in French)
- Lingua italiana (instruction in Italian)
- Lengua española (instruction in Spanish)
- Russian Language and Culture (instruction in Finnish and Russian)
- Svenska språket (instruction in Swedish)
Language and Culture Studies
(for all exchange students)
The full study load per academic year is 60 ECTS credits (30 credits per semester).
If you are an exchange student or a visiting student, you can choose courses from the curriculum of your host department and/or from the international study programmes arranged at the University of Jyväskylä.
However, there are some restrictions that you have to take into consideration:
- Some of the courses may be targeted at students of the department/faculty in question only.
- Some courses may have some prerequisites that the participants must fulfil.
- If you are an Erasmus+ or a Nordplus student, please note that the Department of Communication and the English Section of the Department of Languages offer courses for those students only who come in the framework of their own exchange agreements. Participation in the courses of the Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Sport and Health Sciences and Department of Teacher Education is also restricted.
If you have further questions about the courses, please contact the departmental coordinator in question.