Departure information for exchange students
- Exchange students (excluding ISEP students): In order to get the transcript of your academic records, please log into Mobility-Online and complete the section “Complete information about departure” in your Mobility-Online workflow. A transcript of records will be sent to the address(es) given in the form at the end of January/June.
- Visiting students (outside exchange programmes): Fill in an online . A transcript of records will be sent to the address(es) given in the form.
- Fill in a .
- If you need a certificate with the exact dates of your arrival and departure, stop by at the International Office to get it no sooner than one week before departure. All Erasmus students need a certificate with the dates of their stay. Only the real dates of your stay can be written in the departure certificate. Please stop by at the International Office during these office hours to get the certificate:
- Mon-Wed at 13-15
- Thu at 10-12
- Make an appointment to return the survival kit at least one week in advance by e-mailing the Kortepohja Student Village Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrange a moving out inspection time (KOAS only)
- Make sure your rent, sauna fees and other bills are paid
- Close your bank account
- Return the Computing Centre / Lab key if you have one in your possession
- Return all the library books you have borrowed
- In order to receive the housing deposit back, please fill in one of these forms:
- KOAS: http://www.koas.fi/en/electronic-services/return-deposit/ (online form)
- Kortepohja: https://www.kortepohja.fi/files/8414/4785/6178/vaihto-opiskelija.pdf (online form)
- Unsubscribe from the fs-news mailing list at
- Clean up your apartment!
- Return your apartment key to the accommodation office
- Do not leave any personal belongings in the apartment
Departure information form
Exchange students (excluding ISEP students):
In order to get the transcript of your academic records, please log into Mobility Online at https://www.service4mobility.com/europe/LoginServlet?sprache=en&identifier=JYVASKY01 and complete the section “Complete information about departure” in your Mobility Online workflow. A transcript of records will be sent to the address(es) given in the form at the end of January/June.
The University of Jyväskylä wishes to develop its international study programmes and services for international students. You have a chance to help us by filling a . It is crucial for the evaluation process to get feedback from as many students as possible.
Transcript of records
A transcript of your academic records will be sent to the address or addresses given in Mobility Online (exchange students) or the (visiting students) approximately one month after the end of the semester (at the end of January for the autumn semester and at the end of June for the spring semester / academic year). If you are an Erasmus student, we will also send you an Erasmus certificate stating that you studied at the University of Jyväskylä during the autumn semester/spring semester/academic year.
Letter of confirmation / departure certificate
If you require a certificate with exact dates of your study period, please collect it from the International Office personally before your departure (no more than one week before the departure date):
These certificates cannot be issued after your departure.
Tenancy agreement and deposit
It is not possible to terminate a fixed-term tenancy agreement within the tenancy period, even if you decide to leave earlier than originally planned.
Make sure you leave the apartment in clean and tidy condition. Please note that both your room and the common areas (kitchen including the stove and refrigerator, bathroom and hallway) must be cleaned. If the apartment is not in a clean condition, it will be cleaned at your expense and the cleaning fee will be deducted from your housing deposit. Also, do not leave any personal belongings in the apartment. A fee will be charged and deducted from your housing deposit if you leave anything, e.g. your computer, in the apartment.
Before you can receive your housing deposit back, your apartment will be inspected. If you live at KOAS, please make an appointment for the moving out inspection at least a week before moving out. The housing deposit will be returned to your bank account in your home country. You need to give the following information to the accommodation office:
Name and address of your bank
IBAN and BIC/SWIFT codes
Citizens of other countries:
Name and address of your bank
BIC/SWIFT code if known
The opening hours of the KOAS Accommodation Office are
Please check the KOAS website (http://www.koas.fi/en/) for any possible changes in the opening hours. If the Housing Office is not open, keys should be placed in an envelope along with your contact details and left in the drop-box located just outside the entrance to the KOAS Housing Office (Kauppakatu 11 A). The downstairs door of the Housing Office is open Mon-Fri from 7am to 8pm and Sat-Sun from 7am to 9pm.
The Kortepohja Accommodation Office is open
The Kortepohja Accommodation Office is also open on the first and last working day of the month at 8.00-15.00. If the Accommodation Office is not open, keys should be placed in an envelope along with your name and left in the mail box of the Accommodation Office, located just next to the entrance (Vehkakuja 2 B).
Remember to return your key to the accommodation office! Do not leave it in your room. If you live in Kortepohja, return both the card and the metal keys.
The survival kit must be returned to the Kortepohja student village office Vaapukka.
Please make an appointment in advance. Be there on time! Please cancel or change your appointment if you cannot make it.
The appointment has to be made at least one week in advance, e-mail email@example.com.
During holiday seasons, (end of December / June – August) the appointment has to be made two weeks in advance.
The appointment has to be made even if you have given your exact departure date in the “Survival Kit Form”.
The office hours can be checked at https://www.kortepohja.fi/en/contacts/village-office-vaapukka
Please note that the deposit won't be returned to anyone but the survival kit owner personally (or to a person authorized by the owner of the survival kit in writing and with the owner’s signature).
Please make sure that you return the kitchenware and linen in good and clean condition! There is a fee charged for each missing, broken or unwashed item.
It is not possible to return the survival kit during weekends
For more information on the alumni activities of the University of Jyväskylä, please visit the. By filling in the form available on this website, you will receive information on the alumni activities.
JYU user account
Your user account and password for the university network, Korppi and e-mail are valid until the end of the semester. Unfortunately, it is not possible to renew your user license after this.
Completing your courses
Please note that your right to do studies at JyU ends at the end of the semester/academic year that you were admitted for. You should complete your courses and hand in all assignments before the end of the semester/academic year. The ending date of the Autumn semester is 31 December and the ending date of the Spring semester is 31 May.